Viewsonic president and former CFL player Jeff Volpe joins the Tech in Sports crew as it explores all the major sports tech news from the last week, including the most analytics-focused MLB team winning the World Series, Intel partnering with the NBA for virtual reality game content, the first cashless stadium in the UK, and more. Plus, we discuss how tech is changing sports war rooms.
Stories of the week:
- The 2017 World Series was a faceoff between the two most analytics-focused teams in the MLB
- Intel is bringing virtual reality game action to the NBA
- Bury FC of the English Football League is the first team with a cashless stadium in the UK
- Instant video replay is used for the first time ever in an official game in the UK
- Uber creates a car confessional TV ad campaign featuring star LA Lakers rookies
Recorded on November 9, 2017.
Follow us at: