Belkin has launched what it calls the lightest Bluetooth keyboard available, the FastFit Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard Case, for Apple’s iPad Mini.
The FastFit keyboard cover is just 7 millimetres thick — thinner than the iPad Mini itself. The development team at Belkin dubbed the keyboard the “Skinny Mini,” Ohad Zeira, director of product management for Belkin, said in a statement.
Belkin claims the keyboard can last for 155 hours of active use without needing a charge, and will last three months on standby. Other features include:
* Auto-wake activates the iPad when the cover is operend, and puts it in sleep mode when the cover is closed.
* Function-specific keys for copying and pasting.
* Multimedia keys to control music and audio volume.
* Accommodation for iPad Mini in both portrait and landscape modes.
* Each key in the Belkin TruType keyboard has a spring mechanism that provides tactile feedback.
The keyboard retails for $79.99. You can see a video of it in action here.