LAS VEGAS — Sin city was the centre of the channel world this week, as thousands of channel partners descended on the city for two major partner conferences: Hewlett-Packard Co.‘s (NYSE: HPQ) Global Partner Conference and VMware‘s (NYSE: VMW) Partner Exchange.
Over at the Aria it was HP’s first global partner conference in several years, and new CEO Meg Whitman’s first chance to formally address partners following a year of drama for the vendor highlighted by the ousting of former CEO Léo Apotheker. Meanwhile, at the Venetian, VMware was arming its partners with new specializations and incentives to help them open up the potentially lucrative small and medium-sized business market.
CDN‘s Jeff Jedras and Harmeet Singh were in Las Vegas to cover the events, and they met overlooking the Las Vegas strip to discuss the week that was.
CDN’s coverage of HP’s Global Partner Conference
* HP bets on the cloud with new Gen8 servers
* HP’s Z1 all in one workstation opens new markets for channel
* HP Canada’s channel Triumvirate, hardware pride and ageing printer opportunity
* Meg Whitman brings the swagger back to Hewlett-Packard
* Was it mission accomplished for Meg Whitman and HP at Global Partner Conference 2012?
CDN’s coverage of VMware Partner Exchange